Sunday 27 August 2017

2015 Volkswagen GTI long Tester Update

2015 Volkswagen GTI long Tester Update -

2015 Pics 082

The media are all abuzz about the former decathlon medalist Bruce Jenner Olympic gold turn into a woman. The 2015 Volkswagen GTI could be considered sports car equivalent of a decathlete, excelling in a wide variety of automotive virtues

I see a marketing opportunity here to VW :. The decathlon champion meets decathlon champion car s. After all, Jenner is a GTI itself: a kind Transformed Fool ... Heyooo, Ill be here all week! Tip your writers by clicking the jump!

The Golf GTI 2015 represents the seventh generation of the Volkswagen sedan venerable hot. The car is larger and lighter than the previous version, but the biggest news is the jump in power to the engine 4-cylinder 2.0 liter turbocharged direct injection. Now with 210 hp (220 hp with the Ensemble Performance) and 258 lb-ft of torque, up 10 hp and 51 lb-ft over the previous model, the GTI features the ultimate millennium Motor.

My GTI is the basic S model 2-door with manual 6-speed transmission, priced at $ 25,605 with freight. I shared about springing an additional $ 0 for the 4-door version of its easy access to the rear seat and lose massive doors. I also wanted the Ensemble Performance with its increased power, bigger brakes and a differential torque sensing limited slip. The problem is that I could not find one I have already written about how difficult it is to find specific models and option packages on VW dealer lots and our friends at Jalopnik stacked, of agree that getting the exact GTI you want is almost impossible. Im not ready to order a car and wait 6 months, hundreds of miles or sacrifice of color to travel to find a match.

best-in-class interior of the GTI with its tartan plaid cloth seats and worthy Audi dashboard is a delight. The intuitive controls fall right hand. My wife and I have covered 770 miles in one day with nary a bad back thanks to the support seats. Nice interior touches abound: two cubbies sunglass, two sockets, a height-adjustable center armrest, red illuminated door sills and pockets of massive doors for storage. The 5.8 "touch screen for entertainment features and navigation is a little small but an 8" version is said to be in the works in 2016 models. The basic model has no sunroof so its quite dark inside the cabin, if I l ike the additional margin.

009

Fold the rear seats and you have 53 cubic feet of cargo area, close to that of many small crossovers. Two adults fit comfortably in the rear seat if entry and exit is delicate in model 2-door. I love how you turn the giant VW emblem on the door to open.

My favorite attribute of the GTI is its balance between power and economy. Alex managed tailgate 5.75 seconds for the sprint from 0 to 60 mph. The en gine almost no turbo-lag does a good job of propelling the GTI through its large gearing - you bounce the rev limiter in 3rd gear at 106 mph eye-popping. The GTI 6 speed is rated at 25 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. We saw 36.1 mpg on a trip of 2,500 miles in Wyoming on its fresh engine and 24 to 27 mpg in the city for an overall average of 31.9 mpg in the 3950 first miles of the car.

In post-S00, I expected to have to adapt to a certain lack of sensation in the direction, but direction electronic variable ratio of the GTI is more change than expected. Ill note that it is well weighted and does not improve driving mode "Sport". Hitting some curves to 8 / 10ths, the GTI remained neutral and beautifully planted, easily the best wheel handling car before I ever trained. I plan to hit a day of track before my next report to test the limits of the car and see if I can lift a wheel or two.

I always forget it is a front wheel drive car, as torque steer is near non-existent (transsexual smooth shift of VW 2nd to 3rd at redline and the car pulls slightly to the right.)

2015 Pics 079

Living in Tucson means I have the pleasure of sailing in the fifth worst roads in the United States. Our potholes would be called sinkholes in your city. firm suspension of the GTI has not taken too kindly to our craters but note his overall average to turn a sports car.

Th e GTI comes standard with VW Soundakoter that pipes artificial engine noises inside. The system is not mentioned in marketing materials that car manufacturers do not want you to know about it in order to improve the test drive experience and sell more cars. I must admit that I liked his good GTI during my demo drive and still do. I am a mule.

Much has been written about the suspect reliability of my Volkswagen GTI and is already having problems. The transition from fifth to sixth speed is sometimes not as smooth as it should be and Im also suspicious of sync 2/3. The connecting cable iPod owner was dead on the first day if Bluetooth works fine. the drivers seat belt is also a bit stubborn.

Despite these problems, I am happy with my pleasure and versatile GTI. Im not quite ready to judge the best $ 30,000 $ 25,000 to sports car available today until we see its Bugaboos disappear.

How much I will officially nominate my car Caitlyn.